Girl About Town: Nora Vai
Marc Jacobs, DKNY, Schiaparelli – just a handful of the names Nora Vai has donned for the catwalk in recent months. I met her as Giedre – the lithe Lithuanian who stood head and shoulders above the rest of us textile students during our University days in Manchester. Her move to Shanghai a few years ago opened up a world of opportunities modelling for high fashion, luxury and also the lesser known designers. Her trans-Atlantic transience has since taken her to Paris, London, Milan and finally, to settle in New York.
With more inspirational outfit changes than I have cups of tea in a day, her transformative appearance has earned her both air and catwalk miles. Androgynous and elfin, her elegance has always astounded me and quite frankly, anyone who can pull off a pair of white crocs has my admiration.
1. I am most at home when…..I’m with my family
2. My favourite place is the whole world is….New York
3. When travelling, the one thing I must have with me is…My phone
4. The most outrageous thing I’ve ever worn was….nothing except real butterflies
5. The best piece of advice I have ever been given is…Keep true to yourself
6. I grew up in ………Lithuania
7. ‘Style’ means to me……Looking great without trying too hard
8. My style icons are ……..My grandmother
9. A highlight of my modelling career so far has to be….Closing the Marc Jacobs show in NY
10. Not many people know this about me but……..I can speak some Chinese
11. I am always inspired by……Strangers I meet in New York
12. If I had to pick a song to be the soundtrack to my life it would be…….Something by Mario Bosanov
Follow Nora’s adventures: http://noravai.com/